PRODUCTION STUDIO CLASS 6
1. Catch up – where are your POV films? How is planning going for PW? Let’s discuss issues with your POVS and how to manage productions effectively.
2. LA trip – best tips from top producers – throughout
3. Securing locations/Permits – Examples from RTA / City of Sydney
4. Being a Top 1st AD – best way to manage productions effectively.
1. As the 1st AD, you must ask the director for a shot list
2. Create a realistic shooting schedule
3. Start your shoot days with a 5-min standup
4. Walk through the scenes to prep for changes
5. Touch base with departments between setups
6. Communicate Effectively
There’s a difference between yelling and projecting.
Keep the information relevant.
Follow up with departments.
Keep Everyone in the Loop.
Helpful links on being a good 1st AD: